Please join us at any of our regular meetups. And bring your like-minded (or at least open-minded) family and friends.
- Taco Tuesday, 11:30 AM every 2nd Tuesday @ Fuzzy's Taco Shop, 125 E Renfro, Burleson
- Johnson County Democratic Party potluck social, second Tuesday of every month, 6:30 PM @ JN Long Cultural Arts Complex, 425 Granbury St., Cleburne
- Chisholm Trail Stonewall Democrats of Johnson and Surrounding Counties monthly meeting, second Saturday of every month, 5 PM, online via Zoom
- Texas Democratic Women of Johnson County (TDWJC) monthly meeting, third Saturday of every month, 3 PM @ Antonio’s Mexican Restaurant, 344 SW Wilshire, Burleson
- Drinking Liberally, fourth Friday of each month, 6:30 PM @ Villa Dianna Italian Restaurant, 2475 E Renfro St., Burleson
Find more details about these and other events at our various websites, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news:
Johnson County Democratic Party ● democratsjctx.org
Texas Democratic Women of Johnson County (TDWJC) ● johnsoncounty.tdw.org
Isom’s Morning Coffee
Please come meet your friends and neighbors and get involved with the Democrats of Johnson County. We’re here, loud, proud, active, and PROGRESSING in our progressivism!
All best in Blue,
Texas Democratic Women of Johnson County
2018 General Election Highlights:
- Democrats won control of the U.S. House of Representatives. There will be at least 100 women in the House, including two Native American women.
- Texas Democrats unseated Reps. Pete Sessions, R-Dallas, and John Culberson, R-Houston.
- Democrats picked up 12 seats in the Texas House, moving the lopsided 95–55 split to 83–67.
- In the Texas Senate, Democrats beat Republicans Konni Burton and Don Huffines.
- Texas Democrats flipped four major state appeals courts, beating 19 incumbent Republican appellate judges. Democrats are now in the majority on 7 of the state's 14 courts of appeals.
- Nationally, Democrats won seven governorships and flipped six state legislative chambers.